From our resident scholar Bob Howard:
Hating Muslims in America
By Juan Cole
Actions to take:
1) If you don't know any Muslims, seek them out. Take the time required for them to believe that you are sincerely trying to connect in meaningful ways.
2) Donate a copy of the Qur'an to the local branch of your public library. Heck, donate a copy to every branch!
3) If you are a Christian, organize an education opportunity for your community of faith -- a class, a special event hosting a speaker from a nearby mosque, etc.
4) Visit a nearby mosque, get to know the folks.
5) Oh, yeah -- read the Qur'an. And a book about Islam. Familiarize yourself with this historic religion, so you can:
6) Respond with informed truth whenever you hear bigoted comments or distortions. Juan Cole's writings are helpful in this regard.