Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I think this is good

The opinions of JimII do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Chalice Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) or any of its members or associates, but I think this is a pretty excellent stance for a church to be able to take, and I really wish it could say DOC where it says UCC.

Anti-Muslim fear is behind resistance to NYC mosque, UCC leaders insist

I will email this to some of my favorite disciple clergy to remind me why a truly congregation driven polity is so great. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Point well taken, Jim. ;) And I want to go on record as agreeing with you that this is the down-side of congregational polity - if indeed that is the reason the DOC has for the past while avoided making a public statement reflecting a unified stance on crucial issues like the anti-muslim sentiment that is so glaring it is hard to imagine ANY Christian church not speaking up. Meanwhile I'm anxious for our first Forum, and I hope we will engage dialogue about this very issue. I would like to host a local imam for the evening.

    ReplyDelete